Sunday, April 25, 2010

Deals for the day!

So, after my couple of hours of prep, I set out for several stores today!

My first store was CVS. Although they didn't have several things I went in for, I was able to get 2 Oral B toothbrushes for $0.50 each. CVS had them on sale for $2.99, with your CVS card, with a $1 register reward for each. Then, I had a B1G1 free coupon, so I only paid for the 1 brush at 2.99, but still got both reward bucks, bringing the total down to $0.99 for both, roughly $0.50 each!

My second store was Target. Now..I will say this...when it comes to paper towels, I am kind of a brand snob. I like my Bounty. So, Target had it on sale for $9.99 for 8 Giant rolls. But, if you bought two packs, you got a $5 gift card. So, I bought 2 making it $19.98, I had a $0.75 coupon, along with the gift card, so I paid a total of roughly $15 for 16 Giant rolls. That is a pretty darn good deal for Bounty.

The next store was Aldi....and although you can't use coupons, their stuff is so cheap, I can't help but post about all the stuff we got for $22!

Here you go: 5 bananas, 2 dozen eggs, 2 64 oz apple juice, 4 boxes of mac and cheese, 4 cans of green beans, 2 gallons of milk, 2 bags of rice cake snacks, 1 box of hot pocket, 3 cans of sliced carrots, 2 cans of assorted beans.

The last place on our list was Publix......Publix and I have a love hate relationship. They are super expensive but if they have a good sale, it is worth a try. I spent $10 and got a 12 pack of jello (used a publix coupon and manuf. coupon), 4 cans of Campbells Chunky soup (B1G1 free plus manuf. coupon), 2 boxes of pasta (B1G1), and a bottle of McCormick Pinch of Spice (publix coupon and manuf. coupon).

We made a second trip to Publix because Brent forgot the Scrubbing Bubbles the first time. They were B1G1, so we got four for a total of $6.60. SC Johnson has a $5 mail in rebate on some of their products right now, so that brought my total down to $1.60 for four Scrubbing Bubbles or $0.40 each. Can't beat that!

All in all, a good day. We will see what kind of money making I will do at Walgreens on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment