Sunday, June 20, 2010

Walgreens Trip



So, instead of waiting on the military discount on Tuesday, I decided to do my shopping today while Brent was playing Father's Day golf. It seems that by the time Tuesday rolls around, a lot of the stuff is gone....plus, I have heard it through the grapevine, that the military discount is going away at the end of June :(


Ok....so here is what I did:

The Gillette and Old Spice Body wash were on sale for $4.50 with a $4.50 RR per transaction.

-Transaction #1: One Old Spice at $4.50 with $4.50 RR and I used a coupon from PG 6/6 that was B1G1 free, so I got two for free

-Transaction #2: One Old Spice at $4.50 with a $4.50 RR and I used a coupon from PG 6/6 that was B1G1 for a free deodorant. So, I got a body wash and deodorant for free

-Transaction #3: One Gillette at $4.50 with a $4.50 RR, so it was free.

The Finesse was $3.99. I had a coupon for $1.00 off (not sure which week or ad it was from) and it also had a $3 MIR attached in the ad. So, I got it for free

The Schick Hydro 5 was on sale for $7.99. It had a $4RR and I had a $5 coupon from the SS 6/23. I also have a MIR form for the purchase price, so I got razor and got an overage of $9.00

The Tena pads were not on any sort of sale, but I had an online coupon for $2.50 off and a MIR for up to $12.99. The pads were $12.99, so I got an overage of $2.50

The Colgate Total was actually from CVS, but it was the only thing I got, so I added it to this list. It was on sale for $2.99 with a $2.00 RR and I used a $1.00 coupon from the SS 6/6, so I got it for free

The Zegreid OTC antacid was on sale for $11.99. I had a coupon from the SS 6/20 for $4 off. That same ad has a MIR for up to $12.99. So, I got them for an overage of $4.00

The Brilliant PH Tampons were on sale for $5.99. They had a RR for $5.00. I had a $1 online coupon, so I got these for free.

The Renu contact solution was on sale for $7.50 with a $7.50 RR. I had an online coupon for $1.00 off, so I got this for an overage of $1.00

My grand total today was: OVERAGE of $16.50

**If I had purchase all of this, even at the sales prices, without coupons, register rewards, and mail in rebates, this stuff would have cost me: $76.50!

1 comment:

  1. umm, WOW! I strive to do better....I will do better. I know I'm getting the hang of it! :0)

    ReplyDelete